Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Answer a few good questions?

Corey (my undergraduate research assistant) and I have finally gotten together the survey that was discussed at GDC this year, about game characters and emotion. If you have a moment, would you answer a few good questions?

We'll share the results on this blog, so you'll be contributing helpful information to larger game development/research community.


And when you're done with that, you might find this recent NY Times article interesting--it's a meditation on how fashion and game avatar customization intersect. They quoted me as saying that competition could enhance men's fashion sense, which I'm not sure I really did say, or if I did, that I really did mean. But it is certainly interesting to consider how a player's identity and habits shift and meld with his or her in-game choices...

No comments: